answer the following questions:
1. Should health services have the option to provide SGA?
2. Should SGA replace any or all of the FGA?
To do this, the trial looked for any differences between FGA and SGA in
• their impact on people’s health (e.g. physical and mental health symptoms)
• their side effects
• the costs of using the medication
• their cost-effectiveness
• the certainty that the results were correct.
Only direct costs were included. This covered the costs of providing the
two types of antipsychotic medication and the costs of any other health